Halloween is a fun and festive time of the year for kids, but for parents trick-or-treating can be tricky! To make Halloween a treat for all, follow these recommended safety tips:
- Carry or wear something lit, such as a flashlight, glow bracelet or necklace, or flashing attire.
- Be cautious when picking out a costume. Avoid costumes that drag on the ground, or that aren’t bathroom friendly. If using a mask, make sure it allows full visibility and breathing.
- Also, make sure that the child does not become over-heated with the costume choice.
- Trick-or-treat in familiar neighborhoods or areas.
- Only trick or treat at houses which are lit. Residents who do not wish to be bothered by trick or treaters often leave their lights off.
- If you cannot trick or treat with your children, have an adult or responsible teenager accompany them.
- Check all treats first! Make sure trick-or-treaters do not sample treats until they are home and the treats haven been examined by an adult.
Have a safe and happy Halloween!!!!
Article Courtesy of SatMagazine