WHY CHOOSE OUR MARTIAL ARTS SCHOOL
The Best Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Program in South Florida
Vagner Rocha Martial Arts is one of the finest martial arts schools in Florida. Under the instruction of Professor Vagner Rocha, we offer the highest level of instruction in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. With impressive credentials and competing in some of the most prestigious competitions, Vagner has many accomplishments that fighters across the world would be proud of.
As an MMA fighter, Vagner has fought multiple times in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), as well as events like Bellator and Strikeforce, where Vagner stood out for his talented techniques in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.
As a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu competitor, Vagner Rocha has won many titles including Pan American , ADCC trials, Abu Dhabi World Pro, Abu Dhabi Trials, IBJJF World, NAGA, Grappler’s Quest, Miami Open, and many more.
All of our qualified instructors participate in competitions regularly, and train to improve their technique everyday.
All of our instructors are courteous, professional, and speak English. Here at our School, we follow a written curriculum so that we can track our students progress and excel their results. We produce winners on and off the mats!
Our curriculum is adapted accordingly to the needs of each student, because not everyone has the same goals. Whether you want to be physically fit, learn self-defense or train for championship competition, our martial arts school will help you to achieve your goals, because our goal is to take your abilities to the next level.
The fitness benefits of Jiu Jitsu and MMA are top notch. The practice involves a combination of core strength, hand-eye coordination, endurance, and flexibility – all in very technical manner. The result is an extremely intense full-body workout.
With the popularity of martial arts, it is important to be able to defend yourself against aggressors with a variety skill sets. MMA allows us to see the strengths and weaknesses of each of the forms, and particularly, how to defend against each of them. Furthermore, MMA is the most realistic combat situation, giving fighters a chance to feel for their skills in a real world environment. We all hope that it will never happen, but if you or your loved one’s life is ever in jeopardy, don’t you want to be able to use the most effective form of self defense available?
Being physically fit and able to defend oneself has a multitude of additional benefits. Learning new skills and understanding one’s abilities gives people the ability to not only protect yourself and your family but also the confidence to diffuse a situation and avoid problems all together. This type of confidence can help you be a better partner, friend, spouse or employee. Many people have excelled personally with the confidence gained in martial arts like Jiu Jitsu and MMA. This mental attitude will impact every aspect of your life, and help you to achieve the things you deserve.
To properly learn any martial arts, a student must be focused, have attention to detail, and ignore distractions – all in a highly dynamic environment. Developing these skills translates very well to the real world. As a student progresses and improves, they acquire the discipline needed. This is another valuable tool for self improvement.
Is work stressful? There is no healthier stress relief than a good workout! With the mental focus needed to practice Jiu Jitsu and MMA, the stressful aspects of your life take a backseat while you are learning a new technique or defending yourself in a practice scenario. Even if it is only for that one hour class, it gives people the break many often need to get reinvigorated and to refocus on what really matters in life.
Our School’s Award-Winning List:
- 2018 Newbreed Ultimate Coral Springs 3rd Place Overall Team
- 2017 IBJJF Worlds No Gi – 3rd Place Juvenile
- 2017 Naga Pan American Grappling – 3rd Place Teens & Kids Team
- 2017 Naga South FL Grappling – 2nd Place Teens & KidsTeam
- 2017 Naga South FL Grappling – 3rd Place Overall Adult Team
- 2016 Grappling Games – 3rd Place Team Champion
- 2016 American Grappling Federation – Tampa – 2nd Place Adult Gi Division
- 2015 Newbreed Ultimate – Crystal Cup Open 1st Place Adults Team Champion
- 2015 Newbreed Ultimate – Crystal Cup Open 2nd Place Youth Team Champion
- 2014 NAGA US Open (Orlando) 3rd Place Overall Team
- 2014 F I V E Grappling Award – 2nd Place Youth Team
- 2014 Newbreed Ultimate Challenge South FL 1st Place Youth Team Champions
- 2014 Newbreed Ultimate Challenge South FL 1st Place Adult Team Champions
- 2014 Copa America Team Trophy Winner
- 2014 Newbreed Ultimate Challenge (National) 1st Place Youth Team Champion
- 2014 Abu Dhabi Combat Club 1st Place Team Award
- 2014 Newbreed Ultimate Challenge Team Champions
- 2014 NAGA South Florida Grappling Championship 2nd Place Adult Team Champion
- 2014 Newbreed Ultimate Challenge 1st Place Youth Team Champions
- 2013 Copa America Team Award
- 2013 NAGA Boca Raton Grappling Championship 2nd Place Adult Team Champion
- 2013 Newbreed Ultimate – Treasure Coast Classic 1st Place Adult Team Champions
- 2013 Newbreed Ultimate Challenge (South Florida) 2nd Place Youth Team Champions
- 2013 Newbreed Ultimate Challenge Team Champions
- 2013 Newbreed Ultimate – Universal Grappling- 1st Place Youth Team Champions
- 2013 Newbreed Ultimate – Atlanta Grappling- 3rd Place Youth Team Champions
- 2012 Newbreed Ultimate – Treasure Coast Classic – 3rd Place Youth Team Champions